Tuesday, August 8, 2023

HARD FAIL

I made lettuce wraps for dinner. I grilled sliced zucchini and sautéed cabbage, then I cooked up lemon pepper chicken and sliced it. Then I layered it on the leaves of romaine lettuce.
John was such a trooper. 
And as my daughter says “we weren’t hungry after” but he did have to add about a gallon of sriracha to his lettuce wraps. 
So 
As we were chatting a couple hours later he said that the lettuce wrap idea was great, but that they were horrible and only the sriracha saved them. I laughed so hard. It was true, even though his blood sugar was perfect after dinner… my dinner was a hard fail! 

Side note: my neighbor texted both of us at 10:15 and said they had leftover lasagna if we wanted it. John let her know that I fed him horrible lettuce wraps. I have laughed so hard my sides hurt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment