Wednesday, August 2, 2023

BUILDING A BRIDGE



In my youth I read the book “Seven Years in Hanoi” by Capt. Larry Chesley. It was an amazing story. But sadly it painted a picture in my head that caused me to think negatively of that beautiful country. 
I have since learned that there is beauty everywhere, in spite of the negative that humans create. 

Yesterday, I met a woman who adopted her daughter from Vietnam 25 years ago. Since then she has made it a priority to build a bridge for her daughter between her birth home and her Midwest home. Mother and daughter are heading to Vietnam to see her daughters younger brother. Keeping the connection, the bridge, in place. I was touched by their story and the effort this mom has made for her daughters well being. She has not only given her a better life, but she has kept her heritage intact. 
Brava

No comments:

Post a Comment