Thursday, August 31, 2023

TOMORROW

Tomorrow is the first day of September. And even though the official first day of autumn is not until September 23rd this year, in my heart, today is the last day of summer and tomorrow is FALL!
No matter how many times I say that I love all the seasons in the Midwest, there is something about Fall that feels like vintage magic to me. 
As I drove through southern Indiana today, with my windows down, I sang to the fat happy cows who were lounging in the meadow with about three dozen visiting geese. Once the geese come to visit, all the other signs of fall will shortly arrive. I even noticed yellowing and blushing leave in the woods, the soybean fields are turning golden and the cornstalks are staring to brown. And although I know full well that there will be several more hot autumn days to come, the morning chill and pleasant evenings whisper of the colorful beginnings of autumn to me!
I love where I live!



No comments:

Post a Comment