Saturday, April 23, 2022

MY BED

I’m sitting on my bed, the one in the basement. Funny that my heart is heavy over a cheap awful bed. 

I bought it a million years ago. My thought at the time was a smaller bed might help my marriage.( I found out that nothing could save my marriage.) I had never bought a bed before, and I learned fast that inexpensive is not the way to go when you are planning to spend 1/3 of each day there. I bought foam toppers, down toppers and I was even gifted a memory foam topper after my daughter stayed with me for a few days and declared that my bed was the worst bed she had ever slept on. I still prefer my crappy bed to the 10 inch foam one I’m currently sleeping on, but I’m sure I’m just ready for something new. 

When we moved into the little red brick house, I had my bed put in the basement. It is all made and ready to be used. But the only time it’s been slept in in the past 3 years is during tornado warnings. 

Tomorrow I’m having my bed taken to the garage until I can have it hauled away. Movers are coming and I am having my sewing room and all it’s contents moved to the basement. My sewing room is too small for true creativity, and I am excited to have a space that I will love. My basement is very large and I think this will be the perfect studio. 

But as I sit here on my bed, I just feel nostalgic. My children all snuggled in this bed. My first grandchild snuggled in this bed. This bed has seen some ‘amazing action’ as well! 

I will take all the linens off it, wash them, and pack them away. And in a week or so, someone will come and haul this old bed away. It is well past it’s prime and I am grateful for all the years I have had it. I am a silly sentimental lady I suppose. 

 

After all 600+ cotton thread count on smooth skin is always going to be one of my priorities in life!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment