Tuesday, April 5, 2022

MENTAL INVENTORY

 I was watching a show the other night, it was a sci-fi flick. In it, this android scans a human to check for any ailments. It made me think about technology and how fortunate we are to live in this era, with all the medical updates. That though turned to being grateful for homeopathic medicine and ancient practices. There are just so many skills and techniques to be grateful for when it comes to caring for the body.

My grand daughter is doted on by her mother. Her every need is taken care of, as every toddler should be. But I think once we outgrow our need for constant care, the constant care stops. 

What if… we were to treat our bodies as our only child. Wouldn’t be choose the best food, the purest water, the best cleaning, the freshest air, the best information to put into our minds. Wouldn’t we listen intently to our bodies every need, wouldn’t we respond with care and love. Wouldn’t we make sure that we were completely cared for?

I think I tend to forget that I need to take a personal inventory on a regular basis and that the body I have been blessed with needs more attention than I give it. 

We know our selves, both physical and mental, better than anyone else on the planet. Just like a mother knows what her child needs, so do we know about our own selves. We just need to learn to listen, to take inventory, to care. 

Have you ever sat in silence and taken a mental inventory of how your body feels? What it needs? We have the power to care for our own needs. To provide for our best outcome. 

Perhaps we all need to take more effort in caring for ourselves. Maybe we all need a mental inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment