Thursday, September 23, 2021

REVISITING

This was where I was 7 years ago this month. I have to say the path I took that year was the best choice I have made for me.    I am ready for the next fork in the road!

 Saturday, September 14, 2013

GLIMPSE

I have always wished that I could get a glimpse into the future. Just to make sure I am on the right path. But as I have come to see though out my life, the path started way before I was aware of it. And although life fills the path with obstacles and detours, it's still my path. Who I am, the woman I choose to be, the direction I choose to go, the life choices I choose to pursue; these are factors that I set, factors that shape the outcome of my path. 

 It has been said that 'the pursuit of happiness is not is getting richer, but in living life more fully'. Having lot's of money has never been on my bucket list, but being happy always has been. 

I don't know anyone who has long term happiness because they have more money. I think the challenge for all of us is to figure out how to 'live life more fully'. 

"All we have to do, is decide what to do with the time given to us."  J. R.R. Tolkien

I love this concept. I love the knowledge that I am, in part, responsible for the direction of the path I take. 

I decide! It's up to me.

I long for the basic things in life; things I have wanted since childhood. I have learned that in order to reach my life destinations/my happiness/my desires, I need to take that first step, to take that leap of faith. 


I met a couple in their 80's. They have been married for 22 years. They were both married before. She said "I never thought I would marry again. But he is my angel." He said "She made me feel like my life was wonderful." The one piece of advice they gave me is "Don't wait to make your move. If it's to try something new, to travel, to make a career move, live in a new place or to pursue love.... Do it now! Don't wait!" 


I am coming up on the next fork in my path.

As I sat down to make out an action plan (a list of things I personally need to do before this fork can be realized). I found I only have a few things to accomplish before I can move forward. And those things have deadlines, they are already in place. I don't even have to plan them. 
This next fork will be huge in comparison to many that lead me here. There are still obstacles to deal with, but I am not afraid of them. I think complete faith is part of that first step. I have faith in me and in those I choose to journey with. 

I think the knowledge that I am happy with myself, with who I am and what I want out of life, has helped me to see... to get that glimpse, that I am on the right path.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment