Saturday, November 25, 2017

I Went For A Drive Today

I went for a drive today. I wasn't sure where I was going, just that today I needed to go. Maybe I knew, in the dark corner of my mind, in that closet I have learned to keep things that are difficult.
I did some window shopping and looked at how beautiful everything looks in fall colors. But every step I took and mile I drove took me back to where my heart longs to be. I looked at a property on 2181. Then I found a lost Teacup Yorkie, who thankfully had a collar or I would have kept her and not driven her home. My car was chased by a German Shepherd, but the Rouge was faster. I was going too fast on 69, at that spot where you always say people go to fast on, and it was scary. I drove River Road, but still couldn't see the old truck in a barn. I drove through Yellow Creek Park and I saw a black Honda Odyssey with dark tinted windows, it looked like a hearst. I could see your barn so well from the road, it's looking like it needs some love. I saw that the other barn door still won't stay closed. I so wanted to go touch the Vega, to walk in the woods, to feel home. I miss having that feeling of home. I miss you and knowing you are okay. ❤️ eek

No comments:

Post a Comment