Saturday, November 4, 2017

I was dreaming...

You dropped the Ladies off at my house. But it wasn't my house, it was the White House on 56, just before Mulligan Rd. The girls came in like it was as normal as could be. I stood there feeling like I couldn't breath. I watched you drive west out of the drive, toward Maple Mount. Maddy was telling me about school, and your middle little pixie was talking about dance class. I watched you go, and I asked the girls where you were going and that I see you got a new truck. They said that their mom had had a tool case put in the truck bed, but it was the same truck. Then your oldest said that you knew I missed them so you dropped them off for the afternoon. I watched you drive away and I went to touch Peyton's blond hair as she bit a pink frosted cookie and I woke up.


 I cried. It seemed so real.

No comments:

Post a Comment