Tuesday, March 4, 2014

THINK OF IT AS A GIFT

Twice now I have seen my ex husband in court in the past two months. Both times he had my old journal with him. I am not sure why he would still have my journal, why he would not give such a personal item back. But, like so many other things that were left in our house when I moved out and I was not permitted to retrieve any of my belongings; I say they burned in the "Divorce Fire"! 
Today when I asked him if I could have my journal back, and he told me NO, I decided that that was fine. 
I see that he is having a hard time letting go. If he wishes to hold onto my thoughts and feelings from decades past, he is free to them. I gift them to him. They are no longer of any use to me. The woman I was then, the woman who wrote the things in that book, was sad and trapped in a marriage that was devastating. I have moved on. I have found happiness and love. I wish the same for him. But he wont find it rereading my old journals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment