Sunday, March 23, 2014

IRONY WITH SPEED

Back in November I had a fender bender, and I waited until now to get it repaired. My insurance company gave me a rental car while they took care of my Tahoe. The IRONY is that they gave me the same make and model I rear ended. So so Wrong. However.....I had NO idea that the Chevy Impala was such a great car.

It has so many bells and whistles that I can honestly say the perks are a distraction to the driver. When I tell you that it can go from 0 to Gone in no time flat and it handles like a dream....well it is Amazing! I was driving to work the other morning and I had a clear shot, no one in front of me, so I took the opportunity to test out the um... capabilities. It wasn't until I got to the next light and slowed down to make the left hand turn that I noticed the white Maserati at my side. I wasn't trying to race. I just wanted to see what I could let this car do. When we came to the stop I inwardly laughed, whoever was in the real hot rod must of had no idea who he thought he was racing at 5:50am, he took off like lightning and I turned into work. Silly boy. 

At my break, later that day, Ronny gave me a little tour of all the nifty gadgets in my car. Then he very kindly turned off most of the lights and alarms for me. I swear, I just about had a heart attack each time any other car would get too close to me, because of all the safety devices that would go off. Don't get me wrong, the car is really cool, but I just don't need all those fancy lights and alarms all the time. (I do like the reverse camera and the amazing A/C system. However, there are way too many radio options, and what is that button for that 'bigger than a bread box' hidden space in the dash?)

The insurance guy called me again the other day and said that they where having a tough time getting a part shipped for the Tahoe, and it will be a couple more weeks. So I told him I would try to endure this Impala for the duration. Way better gas mileage and super fun to drive. OKAY!!

As I was out and about today, I entered the free way, at a bit faster than I think was legal. It was faster than I have ever driven before. But I do have to say, in this car, it does not feel that fast. It just feels smooth and GONE!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have no idea if it was a Maserati, but it was super fast and it was white at 5:50am!!!

    ReplyDelete