Monday, May 14, 2012

2012 ~ 220

I attended a funeral today.
I met this man 25 years ago. He was always so kind and funny. I have grown to know and love his family over the years. Listening to them speak of him today made me smile and cry. His family loves him very much.
Even though they are grateful for his passage on to a healthier place, letting him go was hard. They each spoke of the man they knew, the man they loved. Sitting in that room with all his family you could feel the respect, the love, the joy that his memory brings. I am glad I went, I am glad I got to silently send him well wishes on his adventures ahead!
I think when it is my turn to be wished well on my adventures beyond, I would like to have a lovely party. The kind where there is too much noise and lots of laughter. The kind where you feel good to be there, good to be with the ones you are with. Call it my Twinkling Party! Celebrate the things you learned from me, laugh with me! As I felt the love for John Paolacci in that room today, I hope that is the feeling that will be felt for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment