Tuesday, May 22, 2012


Here in the Bank we are a close knit family. We celebrate, cheer and morn with one another. And we know far too much about each others lives. I love the people I work with. We honestly have the best boss I have ever had, and I have had some amazingly wonderful bosses. We have lost family members to other departments, but we keep tabs on them. Never letting anyone slip through the Discover cracks.
I was out of the office for four days. It was a very nice long weekend! When I got back to work today, I  inquired on any updates or changes I should know about. I was updated, then I was informed that my desk location was being moved. (It's nothing new, the entire pod, team, department, floor and building go through these changes on a regular basis. It helps to restructure, reorganize and to helps me downsize the junk in my desk.) I am surrounded by some of the sweetest, most fun co-workers I know. As I looked around at the changes, my team coach shot me a message on my computer.He knew it may be hours before I wade through all my email to find the updated office chart and I guess he saw the questioning in my look. "Yes" he had kept the boys together! That's all I needed to know! The boys are a group of three gentlemen, all twenty something, that make my job a pleasure. All three are good men, all just older than my own kids. I know about their hobbies, their families and their wacky sense of humor! They are some of the brightest people I know. I am blessed to work with them. But let me just say they are some of the funniest guys you will ever meet! They function extremely  well as a team, and help all of us not only get our jobs done, but also enjoy our work along the way! So, today my desk was emptied, the new one was filled (with less junk), programs where re-installed, and  phone systems where tweaked. The job didn't change, the players were all still the same. And once again at the end of the work day, as I headed home, all the boys wished me well. Tomorrow I will go back and it will be just another day at the bank.
I love the people I work with and I like my new desk too!

No comments:

Post a Comment