Thursday, May 24, 2012

2012 ~ 208

Today is Cookies last day of school! I welcome summer vacation with reserve. Freedom, through the eyes of our youth, sure looks like too much time on our hands from my vantage point.
Summer school will begin next Tuesday. I inflict this upon my children each year. She is too old for those wonderful work books that are already planned out. And she is past the age for picking a theme.
So I will set this years curriculum as:
Scheduled reading time
Chore Zones
Sporadic Internet Research (on mom given topics)
Cooking Classes/Meal Prep (10+ chosen meals that will be planed, prepped and served)

A Simple Plan! I think it will see us through this Summer Vacation.
 School starts again August 8th, that's 76 days... May the countdown begin.

I am starting Summer Vacation with a trip. Ushering in the break on a Grown Up step!

No comments:

Post a Comment