Friday, February 10, 2012

Great Dads

1) A call I got at work:
"Can you help me get back into my account online? My two year old touched the keyboard and then I got locked out of the system. So I gave him the statement and now he's happy. But I need help. Why I spend money on toys I don't know. He would rather play with important documents and technology.....and Garbage.   But I guess that wont get me parent of the year."

2) I was in Sprouts:
There was a dad and his three young children standing in front of the meat counter. They were all looking at the different types of prepared meats. Dad was enthusiastically telling the kids about each selection in the case. "Wow, look at the stuffed Portabello Mushrooms! Do you see all the yummy things in that kabab! Look at that steak all wrapped in bacon, I want to eat that! What do you want to eat? Should we try this? How about that?"When he realized he had a spectator he stood up. I told him he gets the "Best Dad Award"! He said "I'm just getting it something right at the moment." I told him "Those moments make all the difference!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment