Sunday, February 5, 2012

I am wrong....

A friend called me this afternoon.
The first thing he said is "You are wrong!" 
I paused and then agreed that I am wrong on many issues and inquired on what this time.
He said "You are looking for a friend, what you need is a husband." 
I quickly reminded him "I had one of those, and that did not work out so well." 
He agreed and then stated all the things I am looking for, and said what I really need is a husband.
(I assume he reached this conclusion because of my stellar qualities that would make me a good wife, or not.)
I got off the phone and I cried. 
(I was touched that he had been thinking so in-depth about me. I value him and his opinion on many 
things. I respect his wisdom, logic and outlook on life. He is a good friend. A friend I have made as 
a single woman. He is not the one for me. We both know that.)
The statement he made hurt, but I wasn't sure why. 
In my mind, like a budget on paper, my plan for my life looks great. 
But the reality is... most budgets don't work. 
I Do know what I really want. I Don't know what to do about it. 
Sometimes even though we know exactly what is right for us and where to find it, we still can't have it. 
What the heck do I do with that knowledge? 
Crying didn't help, but it gave me something to do. 
I went back to reorganizing my kitchen cabinets. 




No comments:

Post a Comment