Sunday, August 21, 2011

Basic Needs


I was talking with a friend last night, who made me want for a more basic lifestyle.

I love the comforts of home, but I would love to live someplace more basic, more simple. Some place lovely, quiet, slow. Where I could truly see the stars.
So I looked up basic needs. I like what I found. I think I am going to try to ensure all these elements are in what I give to myself, my family and friends. Perhaps that will give me the connection I am searching for and just not finding in the city.
(Although...I didn't see iPhone on the chart. Do you think that was just a typo???)

NeedBeing (qualities)Having (things)Doing (actions)Interacting (settings)
subsistencephysical and mental healthfood, shelter, workfeed, clothe, rest, workliving environment, social setting
protectioncare, adaptability, autonomysocial security, health systems, workco-operate, plan, take care of, helpsocial environment, dwelling
affectionrespect, sense of humour, generosity, sensualityfriendships, family, relationships with natureshare, take care of, make love, express emotionsprivacy, intimate spaces of togetherness
understandingcritical capacity, curiosity, intuitionliterature, teachers, policies, educationalanalyse, study, meditate, investigate,schools, families, universities, communities,
participationreceptiveness, dedication, sense of humourresponsibilities, duties, work, rightscooperate, dissent, express opinionsassociations, parties, churches, neighbourhoods
leisureimagination, tranquillity, spontaneitygames, parties, peace of mindday-dream, remember, relax, have funlandscapes, intimate spaces, places to be alone
creationimagination, boldness, inventiveness, curiosityabilities, skills, work, techniquesinvent, build, design, work, compose, interpretspaces for expression, workshops, audiences
identitysense of belonging, self-esteem, consistencylanguage, religions, work, customs, values, normsget to know oneself, grow, commit oneselfplaces one belongs to, everyday settings
freedomautonomy, passion, self-esteem, open-mindednessequal rightsdissent, choose, run risks, develop awarenessanywhere


No comments:

Post a Comment