Thursday, August 18, 2011

Have you ever been on one of those walk ways at the air port. The side walk escalator?
If you walk next to it you are at your own speed. If you stand on it, you move at a fair pace. But if you walk on it, you fast forward. Pick up your pace a bit and you are really moving!

I think I was standing still for many years. I watched life move around me.
When I made changes to my life, it was like literally moving forward. Life started again.
I see that everyone is on thier own private side walk escalator. Some are at a standstill, some are walking and some are running. But we set our pace. Things are added to our pathway, a life obstacle course so to speak! We can stumble and fall, we can stop to evaluate, we can love and learn. But I see now, the trick is to never stop the journey. The obsticals and the pace of life are just ellements of the journey. They help it to form, to take shape, to help propel and sculpt us for... Well... The rest Of the journey!

As obstacles are put in our pathways, we learn that if you step over some of those, you don't have to trudge through the muck. If you start to lose your balance, you may be surprised who comes along to help steady you.
Some obstacles are worth stopping for, but the trick I see, is to not linger too long, keep moving forward.

Here is to the next step on your sidewalk escalator journey! I hope your view is wonderful, your experiences are thrilling and fulfilling. I hope you smile always. And that you keep moving forward!

As for me....I'm off to see a man about a love affair!
Sounds like a good thing to do on a Thursday morning!
Who knows where it may take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment