Monday, April 25, 2011

SUMMER CHAOS

Today is the first day of the last 4 weeks of SCHOOL! Now is when time starts to go faster and faster. Leading up to mass chaos I know the kids are looking forward to summer break...
But I am NOT. I would be a very happy mom if we had year round school. Who was this crazy person who thought up 12 weeks of freedom for the children? They end up staying up all night,
then sleeping all day. They do next to nothing as far as being productive. Its like they forget how to do chores, not like they where ever very good at doing them on their own before.
In my house they have zones that are their responsibility. They hate the word ZONE!! I try to mix it up so everyone gets a chance to be responsible for a different area each week. But I always have to lose my mind before anyone gets a clue and tidies anything anyway.
I have even planned summer lessons and learning opportunities. They don't like that AT ALL.
However, I have figured out how to enforce the lack of effort, if the "B" word is ever, ever uttered.....my poor children get an extra chore. (the B word = BOARD)
I need to put on my "Awesome Magical Sparkly Mom Hat" and start making plans for the 12 weeks of uncensored freedom.
OH MY STINKING HECK....I don't love summer break!


No comments:

Post a Comment