Sunday, April 17, 2011

Eye Bling

Meg had brought a note home from the school recently, suggesting we get her eyes checked.
So, since this is something I have only done for myself once in my lifetime, I figured it was about time to take the kiddos.
So this week I took my two youngest with me to see the optometrist.
I really like our eye doctor, I recomend him to everyone!
I went in first. Maturity, as he puts it, is taking its tole on my vision ...
its not the first thing to go, its okay.
Mark was next. His eyes are not 20/20, but darn close!
Miss Meg was last in line for the eye chart.
As he came out of the office, the doctor asked how I felt about having her pupils dilated.
I am not real clear on why this is done, but he put my eyes through it and I survived,
so go ahead.
As the doctor went back into his office he cackled a menacing laugh,
and said he would do his best at torturing her eyes.
After the torture session, Meg looks at all the glasses. And the doctor comes to speak with me. He asked me if she had regular head aches, I said no.
He proceeded to tell me...and I quote
"Her eyes are Jacked Up".
Now, please understand, this man is delightful, just totally fun to be around.
But, I so was not anticipating those words ever being used in reference to my Angel!
But low and behold. It is true. The poor thing, just like her sweet sister, tends toward the lazy eye thing. But with glasses it can be corrected before adulthood.
So... we helped her pick out a sporty/party girl pair of bright pink frames.
We will go back to pick up her neweye BLING in a week.
I am very sorry I never took any of my children to see the optometrist before now.
But like I said, I had only been once in my life time,
and was not aware that this is a HAVE TO! Now I know!
The best part of the family outing, was not that we found the really awesome frames for Cookie, or that I will be sporting contacts from here forward. The very Bestest part was the fact that all three of us were seen for an office visit, Meg's glasses were ordered, and the Total Bill came to....
$46.00!!! WOOHOO!!!
I do so love my insurance company!!! www.thevillageeyecare.com Dr Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment