Monday, January 22, 2024

DINNER IS SERVED

When I was a teenager, I went to Huntington Beach, California. 
And of all the wonderful things I saw there, it was the earthenware, kiln baked, hand painted dinner wear that I fell in love with. 
Stained in brown with a cobalt stripe. I had my heart set on getting a set for my hope chest. 
A few years went by, and life happened. 
On a day in May, 1986 I bought a boxed set of solid white Corelle dinner wear. 
My white dishes served me well  for nearly 38 years. My children and their friends all used those plates. My grandchildren have used those plates. They are still a great set all stacked in my cupboard.
But…
Today I got the most lovely set of earthenware ceramic dinnerware.
They are more rugged than the stacked white ones in my kitchen. 
They are heavy, so much heavier than the ones I’ve used for decades. 
They are dark and so solidly sturdy. 
And after fourty years, my girlish heart is delighted! 



Come for dinner! I’ll show you!!!

P.S. I was so in love with my new tableware that my white dishes got a new home in an out of my reach cupboard and I ordered an additional set of the new! Lovely 

No comments:

Post a Comment