Tuesday, January 9, 2024

DIFFERENTLY

I met a woman yesterday who shared her story with me. She shared the loss of her only child. She told me of her daughter’s life struggles and experiences. She shared the bond she has with her only grand child.
As she spoke, I saw similarities between her daughter’s life story and the one I am living. Her daughter’s story ended tragically and I cried with this sweet lady as she shared with me. In our conversation she asked me questions about my story. I was very honest with her, I usually tell everyone I moved to the Midwest because I fell in love with how beautiful it is. (But that’s only part of my story)
As we shared, she asked me how I didn’t end up like her daughter.
We all deal with the twist and turns of our life paths differently. Fear is part of that. But unlike her daughter, my fear pushed me forward. I was more afraid of missing a minute of my future than of the fear of others or the unknown. 
That sweet lady will always mourn her daughter. And my heart and prayers go out to her.
 I am grateful for the reminder of the path I am on. 
I know what I want in my life and I will continue to move toward it, no matter the roadblocks. 
What I want has not changed. I have. 
I am stronger because of it. 
I’m determined to happily enjoy my life path. 
I accept the challenges ahead of me and I am determined to find the magic in every moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment