Thursday, July 5, 2018

A Room With A View

I spent yesterday morning sewing.
I have been working on a project that I wanted to finish.
I love to sew. It gives me creative freedom. 
As I sat in the sewing room
 (I am thinking of naming this room the Studio,
 hoping to feel more creative freedom there),
I looked at all that room holds.
I am so blessed to have things surrounding me that
give me joy and fill me with happiness.
I have art from each of my children there,
buttons from my great grandmother, my grandmother
and a mother I am sure I would have loved,
and the sewing machine my son gave me.
The spacious room is large.
It is not organized as it should be,
but putting it all away just means
I need to pull it all out to be creative.
One of the reasons I chose the location of this apartment,
was so that as I sew I would have a view of green. 
Someday soon my sewing studio will look out over
Kentucky green again, but for now,
I feel blessed to have such a wonderful view as I
bask in my creative freedom. 


(By the way... my project turned out beautifully,
 I was complimented by several people,
and one asked if I sell my work, I gave her my card!)

No comments:

Post a Comment