Sunday, July 22, 2018

Farming Knowledge

Being the city girl that I am....all new country knowledge fascinates me!
I learned that apples that have fallen to the ground
can be used to make cider.
Who knew!
Wheat had been developed through the generations,
so what was once 4-5 feet foot tall stalks are now about 2 foot tall.
Keeping more nutrition in the head of wheat kernels.
Who knew!
And the big one that blew my mind!
I had no idea that the corn plant is a all in one sexual entity.
The tassel, on the top, is the male pollinater.
It will share its pollin love,
with the silk. The silk is the female part,
(Each strand of silk is attached to a single kernel of corn)
once pollinated, will form the corn kernels.
Who knew!

I love so much about the whole farming and country life thing!
Who knew!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment