Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Helping the Phoenician

I went to work prepared... I had my windshield scraper and my ice melty spray.
But the sweeties at work asked why my windshield wipers were not up (after all it has snowed all weekend and all day). I explained that I had forgot to put them up before the ice storm last Friday and they were encased in inches of the solid stuff. Yes I had used my ice melty spray. However there was too much ice. And when asked if I was aware how my window scraper works, I had to question if my rudimentary knowledge was a good enough answer. But yet I had made it back and forth to work for several days with little visibility. 
My boss, who normally leaves the office 30 minutes before the rest of us, due to the fact that his day starts out before ours, gave me the lecture on winter windshield visibility before he headed out the door at 5pm yesterday. I showed him my bottle of ice melty stuff, that I brought in the office in fear that the car doors would freeze again and my spray bottle would be trapped inside. He rolled his eyes and left. 
At 5:23 pm I received a text from him saying “Done. Be safe” 
When the rest of us left the office and trudged through all the new snow, this is what I found!


Not only had he cleaned the snow and caked on ice from my windows, but he had chiseled out my wiper blades! I texted him, thanking him for being my hero! 

No comments:

Post a Comment