Sunday, January 21, 2018

Alex

I made a new friend yesterday. Her name is Alex. We had the opportunity to chat for about an hour yesterday morning. She told me all about the Mother Daughter Dance that she was planning on attending with her 12 year old later that day. The dance would be held at Harrison High, and Alex showed me a pic of her darling gir. The dress she had purchased for her darling girl is similar to the one she planned to wear. She told me how she had gotten her daughters hair done and Alex had gotten her nails done. She had chosen flats rather than heals so she could enjoy herself. The more we chatted, the more I could see her excitement. She said she had wanted to get a small clutch bag so she wouldn’t need to take her big purse. But she was at work today and there wouldn’t be time to go shopping before the dance. When Alex and I were finished with my session, I thanked her for her help and I asked how much longer she would be at work today.
Years ago, a very dear friend had given my daughter a 1930s beaded hand bag. It is a collectors item for sure. The bag is covered in black beading. My daughter had not used the bag for the dance she was going to, so many years ago. It has lived on my shelf next to my son’s Top Hat for years.
So I ran home after leaving Alex and I got the beautiful hand bag, I slipped my business card inside, with my cell number on it. Then I delivered it to Alex. She was delighted.
As the day went on, I thought about the excitement Alex and her daughter would share as they got ready and headed to the Mother Daughter Dance. I hope it was wonderful and I hope they had the very best time.
I look forward to seeing pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment