Sunday, July 14, 2013

HOUSTON

I met Don forever ago! He came into my life in a transition moment. Don lives in Houston and I live in Phoenix, date night wasn't ever going to happen. I liked that he was on a bowling league, that he is a mommas boy, and that he was always there for his dad. He comes across as BadAss, but he is just a big mellow teddy bear. We met online. We both had lived in the Rio Grande Valley at some point in our lives. Other than that we have nothing in common. But Don is one of my dearest friends. I have had the opportunity to follow Don's family life and love life. I had high hopes every time he found a new girl, most of them were the wrong girl. (I wanted to take down one or two of them.) He shared lots of his life with me the last couple of years, and he has always kept track of me. He always asks how the kids are, how work is, how I am. He was so upset to hear about my son and his girl friend braking up. He just cares. I love him for that. When his dad got sick, the pain I had was awful, I wanted to be there for Don. When his dad passed away my heart broke. I knew how close he was with his mom before she passed. His dad was all there was left. But he has Sally, I don't remember when he met Sally, but I had hoped that she was the one. They have been together for quite a while now and I am pretty sure she is the one for him! He loves her dog, he loves her family....I think he loves her! The other day he called to chat for a bit. He wanted to let me know that they are heading to Cali. Her job is taking her there, so they are packing up and heading on an adventure. Don had wanted to get out of Houston for as long as I have known him. He said things were going good! He gave me the details, told me their plans, as I listened, I heard something in his voice. So I asked him about it. Sure enough....Don is Happy!!! 
I wish Don and Sally the very best adventure ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment