Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WE VOTED


I get the early ballot, so basically... read, fill in the lines, and mail. But this presidential election was special! And even though my candidate of choice did not win, it was a red letter day for me.
You see my son was old enough to vote this year. So he and I took a walk over to the school and he learned how to cast his vote! He found out that the prep in learning about the candidates and the propositions had been the tough part. That filling in the ballot and feeding it into the machine was the easy part. He saw that all walks of life and all adult ages show up to vote. He learned that even though your voice may be small, and your choice may not win, voting is not just the right thing to do as an American citizen, but it is an opportunity to show your ownership in our nation.
Proud parenting moment!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment