Monday, November 21, 2011

Drama in the Home

I was woke up yesterday to Cookie asking me to sign something. I asked her if she was really waking up for this, and told her I would sign it when I got up. In my sleepy head I started to wonder what was up. So I got out of bed, and on the kitchen counter was her report card, well just the envelope, to be signed. So I took it to her room and asked where the other pages were...like the grades!! She fumbled through her backpack, then dug through a drawer. To produce the grade report.
(I got a call from her math teacher last week about missing homework. We talked about it, it wasn't the first time though.)
As I reviewed the grades I was floored. Not one, not two but three F's. What the stinking hell?
Life as we know it stopped in my little house. It was in my face that I was failing as well. I am failing my kids. So I pulled myself together. Sat down and figured out a plan of action.
The consequence was she lost all phone privileges. New homework rules were implemented, and time guidelines. Chores were discussed and so was service. We need a family over haul.
All in all, lots of drama. The other parent isn't even in the book let alone on the same page. I will talk to the teachers today (it's not like she doesn't do the homework, she just doesn't turn it in.... Slight brain damage perhaps??)
Chore charts and calendars will be put into place this week.
The day ended far better than it started. But can I just say, parenting is so not what I am cut out for some days.    

No comments:

Post a Comment