Thursday, November 3, 2011

CARPE DIEM

Today is that day.....
Yesterday  I went to see the doctor. I like to think I am on top of my health. But as I went for answers to an issue I am having, I came to the realization that I have neglected things I need to take charge of. There are things I have put off for far too long. So, although I did not get the answered to the questions I was looking for. I did take the steps to ensure that I am on top of my health care. Blood was taken, ultrasounds were viewed, and a mammogram was experienced. I was at my healthcare complex for hours, but I had the time yesterday to do that. Next week I will go back for my final test and consultation. I feel, until this current issue came up, that I am a healthy girl. But as I reviewed my care of me, I see that I have neglected and ignored some things that need to be addressed.
SO.....Today is the day. I have put down in writing the steps I will personally take and the goals I am after. I have made great progress in the past, its time to move forward again. As I have reached the point that I can say that I am truly happy with me, I can also say there is always room for improvement.
Maybe the issues that took me to see the doctor were God's way of saying "Take a minute, slow down, reevaluate. There are changes coming...take charge and enjoy." God and I are not as close as we have been in the past, but I still have a healthy respect and he still knows where I live. So as I prayed yesterday, I did something I had not done in a very long time. I prayed for me. I love the life I have, I am enjoying were I am at in it. It is time for the next step, a new path of sorts. Today is my day to begin.
I love a good challenge!
CARPE  DIEM ~ SEIZE THE DAY   

No comments:

Post a Comment