Friday, November 18, 2011

Breathing Deeply

I got a call from a very dear friend this past week. I have to admit I hadn't spoken to her in far too long. My reasoning was laim. I had put off contacting her because my life felt still. Yes there has been rocky terrain in my path in the last half year, but nothing big and grand. I didn't feel I was up to par with other peoples happenings.
When we spoke I learned that not all is glitter and gold. That perhaps I was better off being still and steady. I have been thinking I want the WOW factor in my life, but I must be honest with myself, I am the girl next door, far happier to be MaryAnn rather than Ginger (no subliminal message SM).
Yesterday I read a letter from an acquaintance, that reminded me that my life is good, my trials are small, and my life drama is manageable. The letter made me see, again, that each of us has our own rocky path to take. I am grateful for mine. For the choices, for the company, for the happy I am living.
I will continue to take a deep breath before each new fork in my life journey.
But I think it's time to redefine me, once more. Back to basic, back to being happy in my skin.

Step One,    Remember what is truly important. Make the people in my world feel they matter, because they do.
Step Two,   Recognize my Happy! Where I get it,what I do with it, and how and with whom  I share it.
Step Three,    Reconnect with who I am and who I am working to be. (I can honestly say I like me, I have flaws, but all in all, I am happy with who I am. Always room for improvement of course.)

So, although it sounds silly, I started a quilt....and a sewing project. Time fillers? Perhaps, but they make me slow down, they redirect my thoughts, letting me focus on the important and letting the world come to me, rather than me chasing after the sparkly things in life.

Breathing deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment