Thursday, June 9, 2011

More than what we know...

One of my dearest friends lost her dad on June 1st. She was devastated, and our hearts ache for her.
But with in that week, she also lost an uncle and a cousin. Three good men within days, moved on to do other things.
Last night my son and I talked about "Bigger Things". The "what we believe and I don't know what I believe" conversation. It always makes me long to know more. A few weeks ago Keith and I talked about God, and our perspective on the Bigger Picture. He is Baptist, I am Mormon, our views are different. But if you take what we each believe and boil it all down to the basics, I think we all believe the same elements are true.
So as my heart hurts for Christy and her sweet families losses, I do believe that there is so much more than we know. That the big picture is that beautiful mosaic, made up of little and big life events. And that the journey started long before we arrived here, and lasts long after we depart.....
I think there will be far more than what we know!
(I think that the three great men in Christy's family were needed else where. All at the same time. A new task needed to be started, and the welcome home party couldn't start until they were there together. It makes me want to see pictures of the family reunion on the other side!!)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment