Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Van Issues

As a single woman, there are some things that scare me.
Car trouble is the top on my list. And as always, what you fear bites you in the butt.
Last week as I was leaving my daughters place she said "Mom your van is leaking". I told her it would be fine it was just the power steering leak I have been dealing with forever. But half way
home I realized the temperature gauge was on HOT. So I took the next exit. I parked in a well lit, busy, visible spot. I popped the hood and took a look. I filled the overflow with water and feeling like I had everything under control, I called Steve. He always comes to save me. He and Debby came, he tinkered and looked, did some auto wonder guy stuff, said some crazy stuff about raw eggs in the radiator, then lead the way to the boy store.(I always wonder if the men who work and shop at the auto parts store are the last of a lost breed of stud muffins....sigh) We bought this magic powder in a little cylinder. He dumped it in and added h2o I made it home and then to work ... Almost. The temp was up, bur the water was still in there. By the time I entered the gates at work, my van died. Started back up, but it was not good, not good at all!
I gave in and called Bobby's husband Joe. He told me things to check. Steve texted, said he thought it was the water pump, my heart sank. After work I headed to Joe's garage. He took a look. Lifted it and took a healthy look from all angles.
He said it could be the water pump, but kept looking. He said I was the luckiest woman on earth, the went about removing two hoses. I spent time with Bobbie and Joe removed the worn and cracked hoses. When all was said and done, I spent under $100.00, Joe fixed my van and the martinez family sent me home with dinner too!! I can not tell you how delighted, and how in deep my gratitude is. My van is running just fine now. And I am touched by all the help!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Van hero?'

No comments:

Post a Comment