Sunday, July 23, 2023

VACATIONING

My son and I covered quite a few miles when we vacationed together. We went to: Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Ahwatukee, Avondale, Gilbert, Tolleson, Surprise, Glendale, Peoria, New River, Black Canyon City, Salt River Reservation and Scottsdale. 

We shopped at both the Biltmore Fashion Park and Scottsdale Fashion Square. We also walked IKEA. 

We tried foods from all over (and enjoyed the ‘not a chain’ establishments the best). 

He took me to new places I had never been to before and I showed him places he didn’t know about. He showed me his work and how the past reinvents itself. He treated me to an amazing hole in the wall destination, that captivated my grown up Disney love.

We drove past homes we grew up in and the one I brought him home to when he was a baby. We looked at homes from our youth and homes we loved as adults. 

We reminisced and shared history. We shared wisdom and losses. We shared struggles and coping strategies. We shared plans and goals for our future. 

And even though my darling daughter in law was away, I had the opportunity to marvel at her creativity, her unending talents, her organizational skills and her spot on interior decorating wizardry. I love that together, this young couple had built a home that perfectly fits their personality and makes everyone feel at home as well. 

On this trip my son and I spent so much time just talking, I loved that part the most! I had a jam packed, wonderful time vacationing with my son! Eek


No comments:

Post a Comment