Wednesday, July 5, 2023

HERE AND THERE

 I met a man today who wants to go to San Francisco, it’s where he is from. He moved here a few years ago to help out his aging family member. We talked about being transplants to the area and how we both miss good Mexican food. He has been to my hometown and I have been to his, and we both agree they are great places to visit.

We looked at flights, perused hotel options and priced car rentals. He asked what brought me here from the southwest and and we talked about drag racing and motorcycles, both things he is very into. 

He doesn’t love the Midwest like I do, but it was sure fun chatting about where we came from, where we have been and what we miss. We talked about what we have found in our new location, what we like, what we don’t. We walked about silly stuff we don’t understand. He shared stories of service and racing and he even gave me a tip on a Mexican restaurant in the area that is almost authentic. 

Nice guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment