Tuesday, December 27, 2022

MY DENTIST

December 26th, I bit a Juicy Pear jellybean and my crown popped out of place. The crown was fine, the tooth was fine, the jellybean was trashed. I called my dentist’s office and left a message. If they could get me in this week I would be so grateful. I got a return call and today I was at the dental office by noon. There was only one other car in the parking lot. The dentist stuck his head out the door and waved me in. In the two minutes I sat in his office four more people came through the door. None of his staff was there, just him and all of us that needed his talents. As I sat in his patient chair, I could hear his kids playing in his office. He said he had just been at soccer practice with his kids (that explains why he was wearing shorts, when it’s 29 degrees outside with snow) and told them that if they could be good for a bit he would take them to Chick fil A for lunch. 
He said that he likes having all his emergency patients come in at once so he can just work right through. And sure enough, he had my crown cleaned, re-placed and ready to go in just minutes. All while telling me about one of the office girls going into labor last Friday and bringing that new baby home on Christmas Day, a whole month early. And how they are having a new house built but for now new baby joins the family with three siblings all in a two bedroom apartment. And how great the dad is, taking care of everyone and everything. 
And how Mrs Dentist just called because the fed ex driver was stuck in the driveway at their house out in the country. She asked what she should do and the dentist said he was sure fed ex could figure a way out of the driveway. 
I can’t say enough nice things about my dentist. He is always the cheeriest person, and that makes for a cheerful staff. It truly is a pleasure to see my dentist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment