Sunday, December 4, 2022

AN ADVENTURE IN THE WOODS

I took a drive today, over the river and through the woods. I felt the need to touch trees and wander in the forest. I saw a ground hog. He was big. I saw geese too, I think they like it here. It’s cold outside today and as usual, the girl from Phoenix didn’t dress warmly enough. But I wanted to have some time to reconnect, just me and my co-pilot. I have so much gratitude for the people and events in my life, sometimes I need to be alone to fully be aware of how blessed I am. It gives me the opportunity to voice each blessing I have been given. It gives me the opportunity to say out loud, what is on my mind, what things I need to go over with someone who doesn’t live in my head… even if he already knows everything in there. 
There is so much happening in my world and there are things coming up, plans and new directions. My bucket list isn’t getting shorter and my future paths are going to fork. So I packed an adventure snack and got lost in some woods. My fingers are frozen and the forest ranger has driven past my vehicle parked over there, three times. But I feel lighter, more in tune. I love my life, I love who I am. I am blessed so greatly. 
I think everyone needs to pack an adventure snack, a mug of tea, a couple pairs of socks… go get lost, just you and your co-pilot. It’s therapeutic and refreshing. 










No comments:

Post a Comment