Tuesday, March 29, 2022

PERSPECTIVE

 As a drive home from work yesterday, I saw someone riding a horse through a field. I has the opportunity to watch for several moments as I drove. My mind was taken from the things that I left unfinished at the office to a distracted state of zen. I haven’t ridden a horse in a very long time, but suddenly I remembered the feeling of freedom and intoxicating happiness. The weather was chilly and overcast, the rider was dressed warmly. The picture that moment made in my head was so refreshing. The work at my office, the traffic around me, the mental list of things I need to take care of personally, all melted away and I shared that moment of peace and contentment with the rider and his horse. It was lovely. 

I am grateful for the moments that pull my perspective back into alignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment