Monday, March 7, 2022

SUNDAY IN THE KITCHEN

 I have been doing a lot of overtime at work lately. Coming home and having to figure out what dinner will be is the last thing I want to do when I finally make it home. So a couple weeks ago I started doing what I did when I was raising four children, working two jobs and had no down time. I reinstated my menu planning and meal prep. It’s been great. Sunday afternoons have been spent in the kitchen, but work nights have been so much easier. Yesterday I made Pumpkin Soup, from the pumpkin I roasted, and the remaining pumpkin was turned into a delightful custard (my version on crustless pumpkin pie). Over the last week dinners have consisted of: Mexican Tamale Bake, Sweet and Sour Chicken with Veggies, Pasta Carbonara, Beef Stroganoff, and Shrimp Parmigiana. Tonight will be Chicken and Shrimp Fried Rice and later this week there will be Chicken and Asparagus Crepes. 

Doing the planning and the majority of the prep ahead makes week nights so much better! And the variety of good meals makes me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment