Saturday, February 19, 2022

THERAPY

 Work is super complex and overwhelming currently. I have many nights where I wake up panicking, causing the loss of sleep and that just compiles on the strain.

I am working on “calm and charming” in my presence. I think I’m keeping my emotions and my attitude positive.

But after working a half day today I did some self therapy…

FABRIC SHOPPING!

I wandered the rows upon rows of specialty fabrics, from incredible vibrant batiks, delicate batiste, to whimsical prints and beautiful intricate Italian wedding laces. 

I went without a shopping plan, just the need to be delighted by the textures and the visual explosion of color. I made an effort to look at the little things… the buttons, thimbles and notions. 

I chatted with other shoppers as they pieced their choices together for their projects I spoke to an expert on the design for a new sewing room. Getting advice on how to lay out the creative space to help productively and inspiration. 

I chose fabric for my grand daughter, darling and delicate. Then I chose fabrics that absolutely delighted me… they spoke to me of travel, architecture and romantic beauty. 

As I handed the cashier my black card, I felt that the price I paid for my therapy session was well worth it. 

I followed therapy with a nap! Then I was spoiled with a meal I didn’t cook and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!







No comments:

Post a Comment