Tuesday, November 9, 2021

POWER OF POSITIVITY



A Humorous Example

Here’s a somewhat embarrassing albeit amusing, example of how this can play out..

One morning, I reached on top of our refrigerator to pull down a bag filled with coffee beans.  My daughter was eating breakfast within view.

To my surprise, the bag had not been previously sealed all the way.  So when I pulled it down, I was completely showered with coffee beans.

They spilled everywhere throughout the kitchen, as well as stuck in my glasses, in my ears, and in my hair.

I was mortified, as we were getting ready and I was trying to get my daughter off to school (on time.. that was the goal anyway).

So in that moment, I had two choices.  I could get completely stressed out and upset, which would have negative effects on my mood (and my daughter’s).

Or, I could laugh hysterically and embrace the humor of the situation.. which is exactly what I did.  It was hilarious.

That single choice in that very moment was an everyday example of embracing a positive attitude.

We still laugh about the time I had coffee beans in my ear, and my daughter went off to school with a smile and an amusing story to share with friends.

Naturally, we can use the power of positivity in greater ways and with deeper consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment