Saturday, May 22, 2021

TENNESSEE CAR CRASH

After I dropped my son at the Nashville International Airport this past Monday, I made a couple stops before I got on the highway. Once I was on highway 65 I figured it would be smooth sailing and I would be home in a couple hours. There is a stretch of the divided highway close to Nashville that has beautiful mature trees in the median. It’s one of my favorite parts of the drive. But on Monday all traffic came to a stop as I got to that spot. I sat on the highway for over an hour. The weather was wonderful, so my windows were down. There was no traffic on the other side of the highway, at all. You know when they close both sides of a divided highway the wreck is bad. I watched several emergency vehicles zoom down the shoulder, then on the opposite side of the highway...then I heard the helicopter. I said a prayer for all involved. 
After about an hour they let the northbound traffic go, but the southbound was backed up for miles. Super scary stuff. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment