Thursday, May 27, 2021

KENTUCKY

When I first came to Kentucky I was sure I had found everything magical and perfect that I had ever imagined. 
I had no idea that there was so much green in any one place. I remember walking through the woods, listening to the breeze rustling the leaves in the trees. 
I remember walking through the meadow, through the tall grass. I remember how the fescue felt as I ran my hands through it. That walk and so much of that first Kentucky experience was a bucket list event for me. 
I remember watching the storm clouds roll in fast and low. And how it would rain so fiercely, then it would be cool and lovely.
I remember how blown away I was by all the barns. I loved the barns. 
I had never seen hydrangeas in so many colors as there were on Griffith avenue. They still make me smile each time I drive down that charming street.
I loved that all the towns were small and charming. So ‘down home’ friendly.
There were frogs and owls and acorns that had inhabitants. Everything was so enchanting.
I knew I would love it here. But when I came to Kentucky I truly fell in love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment