Tuesday, February 23, 2021

TODAY IS ORLANDO, FL

 There is a young man who comes into my office every couple weeks. I am not sure of just was his 'ability' is, but he comes in with his caregiver each time. Since covid has been an issue, his care giver says that he is only aloud to go to three different places on his outings. He chooses to come to AAA, and each time he askes for a road map for a new destination. Today is Orlando, Florida. He gets so excited about each destination. He shows each travel advisor his map, he opens it and shows different places on the map. 

His name is Chris, I do not know his care givers name, but she is so loving and patient with him. 
I thought about Chris this morning on my drive into work, and I was delighted to see him walk into the office today. His care giver says that he pours over the map and all the information on in. They talk about different locations, and he chooses the new map location before he leaves home. He may have areas that he is not proficient in, but he loves maps and leaning about the places he finds. 

He has a way of making everyone he comes in contact happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment