Sunday, February 21, 2021

SUNDAY DRIVE

It was in the 40’s today. And I had the need for a drive. I drove around town for a bit and since there wasn’t any more snow on the roads, I got some gas on highway 54 and headed out. I weaved in and out of the little roads up and down the hills. Then I made my way through Whitesville, past the little grocery store, then headed toward Fordsville. There was a wreck along the way, and since I had no where to be, I waited patiently. It was great to see that no one was hurt. And really neat to see how great the volunteer fire department and road crew worked together to get the issues handled and the road back to usable. As I got to Fordsville I turned onto highway 69 and enjoyed the quiet, lazy drive north. That’s where I met the big black dog standing in the middle of the road. He was charming, just waited in the other lane to watch me drive by, then he moseyed on along. I took 144 to 2181 and looked for deer as I meandered through the woods. But I saw no wildlife. I drove back down the scenic highway, back along roads that I love, and took 764. This road sure has some sharp curves. I normally take Jack Hinton road on my way back to town, but I didn’t today, and ended up back in Whitesville. And that is okay with me. From there it was a short drive back to town and back to my little house. 
I really enjoyed seeing the barns and the snow. I love the woods and the countryside. 
The weather was great, I had a good talk with God, and I cleared my head.
 I love my Sunday drives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment