Thursday, December 17, 2020

TAKING AIM

 Tonight I listened to a very wise man. As he spoke, it was like the pins of a lock, clicking into place. It was like something in my soul whispered to me “Listen, this is pivotal. You need this information in your life.” 

He spoke about what we find interesting in life. Looking for our calling in life by knowing what things fascinate us. (I still struggle with this. I feel like I can’t put my finger on my life calling. I feel like it’s niggling or clawing at the back of my brain. Just out of reach. Just far enough away that I can’t put my finger on it.) Mr. Campbell used the analogy of looking through the scope on a gun. It is hard to line up your focus if you stare at the lines in the scope. But if you look past the lines in the scope, you will automatically be in focus. 


Basically, finding the things that interest you will help you focus in on the right paths in life.

I believe this to be a truth. 

I don’t believe you have to be tied to what you grew up with. Or tethered to what you have done in the past. But by looking toward the things you are interested in, things you enjoy... in this you find your passion, your calling, your pleasure in life. Just focus on the things you like!

P.S. I saw this on social media this morning and I though it fit perfectly!




No comments:

Post a Comment