Wednesday, August 5, 2020

DRIVERS

1.) I was stopped for construction on the little blue bridge. The driver in the car behind me, yes I was watching her in my rear view mirror, looked like a well put together early 70s someone. But as she sifted through the stacks of paperwork on her dash board I realized that she could barley see over them. Not that she was short, the stacks of paperwork were really tall. The construction cleared and I proceeded. Then I slowed for the next bit of construction. The lady with the littered dashboard, zoomed past me... on that little two lane country road. As she zipped past me, with no regard for the people working on that little road, I noticed that the back of her car was jam packed with all kinds of stuff. Horder? Traveling sales person? She did cross the yellow line several times and did a fare amount of shoulder driving also. More than a little bit scary! And I still can’t get over the stack of paperwork on the dash!

2.) Driving home on that same two lane country road. The driver of the little red car, with temp tags and the remnants of a parking ticket on the window was happy doing 40 miles an hour on the 55 mile an hour road. Thus I got to see my surroundings at a slower pace, as well as count more people in that car than there were seat belts I’m sure! Just saying.

These were just Two drivers in my path today. Just two! There were so many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment