Saturday, August 1, 2020

ARCHITECTURE



Ten years ago today, I took 3 of my children on a architectural field trip in Phoenix. My daughter needed pictures for one of her art classes. These European style condos were off of Central Street, down town. I had taken several drives as during the construction, just to see their progress. 
No matter where I go, I love to see the architecture. It’s been one of my passions since I was a little girl. I even studied architecture in school. One of my favorite things was seeing the Frank Lloyd Wright Exhibit at an art museum. 
There are so many facets to architecture, each tells so much about the people, places and time. I find that I have a built in respect and awe for architecture. I love all forms, whether it be ancient cliff dwelling, Gothic, Tudor, Gaudi, Mayan, the Cotswold cottages with their thatched roofs or a Kentucky tobacco barn... they each stir a passion inside me. 
I love them all. The design, the purpose, the skill, craftsmanship and pride. Architecture is a living history book. And I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment