Thursday, August 27, 2015

1949

As I left the office tonight, chatting with a couple of my coworkers, I happened to look at the parking lot of the nearby hotel. My heart skipped a beat and I got all excited. The girls I was with didn't quite get my enthusiasm. But I was smitten! The parking lot was full of old trucks and hot rods!
This weekend, here in my little bit of Mayberry, they are having the Frog Follies. I don't know what the name of the event has to do with it, because to the best of my research, and I have done my homework on the matter, and asked quite a few people as well, it has nothing to do with frogs. But its all about classic vehicles. I can tell you, this girl is stoked! I took a drive around the lot and lusted from a distance. There will be a race this weekend, and nothing newer that 1949 can register. 
I told my daughter about my weekend plans, she said "Old trucks and old men"! She knows what I like! It's going to be a great weekend! YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment