Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's Him!!!

I ran to the library the other day to pick up a book we had on hold for Cookie. While I was there I perused the new books.  And there on the shelf was the love of my life!!! Walter Cronkite (yes angels were singing!)
I fell in love with him way back in about 1969. (Yep, I was three and he was 53) Perhaps it was the lack of a solid, healthy father figure in my life, maybe it was his voice. (I do have a thing for an amazing voice) I don't know, but I was in LOVE! He has passed away now, but he will always be my first love! Here are a few facts about Mr Cronkite!!
..................................................
Born November 4th 1916 
(that makes him 11 years older than my grandmother...hmmmm!)
Graduated high school in Houston Texas in 1933.
Wrote the Cronkite Scoop  in The Daily Texan news and views.
Walter gave the sports report on KCMO in 1936.
He worked for the United Press during WWII. 
He  started working for CBS in 1952.
He was presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1981 
by President Carter. Saying "And when our nation has been in trouble 
or made mistakes and there was a danger that our public might react 
adversely or even panic on occasion, the calm and reassuring demeanor and 
voice and the inner character of Walter Cronkite has been reassuring to us all."
He died in 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment