Friday, September 14, 2012



The view to the north was wonderful! A thunderhead, menacing but not huge. I figured since it was shedding its cargo north of town, I should enjoy the beauty for my five minute drive home. As I arrived home and prepped dinner I could see the late afternoon sunlight changing. A wonderful pink tint was being cant on Miss Kay's house next door. I went outside to water my parched trees and enjoy the temperature in the 80's. Then the rain started. I asked Cookie if she wanted to come see the stormy sky with me. We stood in the middle of the yard as a rain started. As the wind picked up I closed my eyes, you could hear it whip through the aspen to the east, the pine to the south and the palm to the west. It sounded enchanting. My rain buddy went in out of the wet stuff. I pulled my folding chair out in the yard and enjoyed a few minutes in the rain, and got totally soaked! 
It only lasted a few minutes....But it was MAGIC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment